If you would like to receive Chiltern Aston's digital e-newsletter please enter your details below:
The following information will help you to understand the purposes for which the Company will store and process your personal data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information which relates to a living person, from which they can be identified. Sensitive personal data is defined as information about racial or ethnic origins; political opinions; religious beliefs or other beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual life; criminal allegations, proceedings or convictions.
Keeping the data up-to-date
The Company has a responsibility to ensure that the personal data which we process is accurate and up-to-date. Please help us to do this by ensuring that your personal details are kept up-to-date. You can check / amend your personal details by emailing email@example.com
Collecting your data
Chiltern Aston Centre Ltd may collect and process information about you, including but not limited to your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email address and mobile phone number), vehicle details, purchase history and data collected as part of any finance application or payment. We may take personal information from:
- Information you provide to us when registering to any distribution lists
- Information you provide us during an enquiry, sale or purchase of goods or services.
Processing your data
Data processing encompasses the collection and use of personal data. The Company will process your personal data for the purposes it was provided, including:
- To respond to queries from you regarding the purchase of goods or services
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts
- To manage and administer the relationship between you and us
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us
In accordance to your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Sharing of personal data
The Company will disclose your data to third parties where necessary in order to comply with any legal obligations or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety of those of our customers, employees or third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers, subcontractors or finance companies where it would be reasonable to do so. If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing
- We may disclose your personal information to select third parties to fulfil the Company’s responsibilities, purposes and our contract with you. The selected third parties include Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd, Car Care Plan Ltd, Autoprotect Ltd and other carefully selected partners we work with. If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law; in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure for that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- Any relevant professional or statutory regulatory bodies
- Any relevant public bodies, including but not limited to the UK Home Office, HM Revenue and Customs and Local Authorities
Subject access requests
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right of access of your personal data subject to certain exemptions. If you wish to seek access under the Data Protection Act to information held about you by the Company or have any queries about the Company’s use of your data, you should contact Chiltern Aston Centre Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed you may in the first instance contact Chiltern Aston Centre Ltd’s Data Protection Officer:
Chiltern Aston Centre Ltd
Ley Hill Road
01442 833 177
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office